My
nights drag on listlessly; my days have me squirm under the demonic clutches of
endless wait. Every morning that I wake up, my eyes wander until they find the
calendar. Yeah, I’m yet another day closer to when I can get to see you; to
hold you in my hands as my eyes well up with tears of joy and sheer relief at
having you back with me.
You
keep your sacred promise on the first day of every month; which is now like the
light of the end of the dark tunnel of my days without you. And for the next
few days afterwards, I envelop myself in the glow of your love. But cruelty,
thy name is life! You just can’t stand my happiness for the glow dies away
sooner than later leaving my heart to grieve & mourn.
I
never knew how painful every moment in the days to come could be after you vanish;
the allure of the streets we roamed together holds no joy without you. The cozy
ice-cream parlor that we haunted has become just another location; the malls we
haunted have lost their charm. I slowly slip my hands into my pocket, looking
for some hint that you were not a mirage of my imagination but in vain. I can
do nothing now but wait for you to keep your promise in the coming month.
And
there you come, with all your splendor & magnificence. And yet again, yet
again! You take my breath away, with your quaint grandeur.
I
get a sms from ICICI declaring your arrival.
I
love you, Payday.
I
love you more than I could ever imagine.
You
are the reason for my sanity.
Got the clue after reading only 2-4 lines.
ReplyDeleteAfter reading completely, i am almost sure that i can understand you thoda thoda :-)
BTW Nice thought Ms. Blogger :-D
thanq :-)
Delete