Aliyah
said, "I've waited. I know I have. But know what, I'd rather keep waiting.
Wait for myself if not for anything or anyone else. It may be false hope. But
if I've waited so long, I'd like to wait simply because I have so much at stake
already. It may be fruitless & trust me it isn't a pleasant feeling. But in
the end, while I wouldn't be able to live with the fact I gave up, I can still
live knowing that I waited. Maybe for nothing in return but I’m not sure yet.
And that has kept me going."
She held back a tear, that shone with the truth of a heart forcefully caged in hope.
Just so she could hold herself together.
Her
perseverance left everyone with no words. None of the folks who knew her had
the heart to ask her to let go & move on. The hope she held on to was too
precious to be shattered. She was a testimony to the belief that when you
really give something your all, you’ve just got to hold on to the tiny pieces
of life that can fit together but just wouldn’t.
Bit
knowing her, the loss of her time & youth, I’d like to believe that I have
what she doesn’t: a decade & a half of my lifetime that I won’t have
regrets for.
One
can have nothing but respect for her, her resolve, her strength to hold on to
something so dear to her life. For I’d just let go for a simpler life.
The
time is flying by, but does she know that? Would it be too late by the time she
realizes this?
No comments:
Post a Comment