Sunday, January 20, 2013

Because he is my North Star!


I have been nursing him for the last few days,
His frail hands, slender fingers point to the royal blue velvety sky outside the window
The sky watches the ordeal in silence though.

I am scared,
of walking into the room each morning;
of going away from him.
I am scared,
of all those who think it’s not worth it.

But have you ever seen his smile?
His eyes that sparkle at the thought of a long dreamt dream?
His voice so full of conviction?

I have seen, I have heard.
I have seen his soft touch turn into a silent kiss of blessing.
I have seen him sleep, like in an abode for a tired traveler.
I have heard him cry, turning into the nightmares that none of us can comfort.
I have heard everyone, ask why?

And this is why.
B'cause he made me believe that I was still his little girl.
B'cause his innocence made me believe that I needn't think so much with my mind.
B'cause he can never be away from me.
B'cause my happiness shall never be complete without him.
B'cause I know he'll find a way or another just to be by my side.
B'cause he is my North Star.
That, and just that gives me a reason enough,
to live, to strive, to run, to smile, to cry
Cause this is how you want it to be,
and there's no changing it.



No comments:

Post a Comment